12.18.2012

Summer Lovin

While talking to my beautiful friend from New Zealand, I realized I missed a time when she and I, and a group of other amazing girls, all lived together in a blissful little place. We were camp counselors for an all girls camp in the mountains of North Carolina.  We did everything together. We shared hardships, stories, heart breaks, and sisterly love.  We all loved Jesus, and we were all were so different.  But I swear, those were some of the best days with them.  I remember we made a trek up to Catawba Falls.  We climbed to the top and slid our way over a mossy and slippery wet fallen tree to reach the rock where water fell over the cliff.  It was the most dangerous and uplifting thing I'd done.  I can close my eyes and still see the beautiful, clear mountain water as it flew past me.  Life won't ever be that way again, and I won't ever be with all those girls at once.  But I know I won't forget those times, and despite all the things that went down that summer, like being underpaid, gaining weight, losing a relationship, and taking care of 12 eight year olds at once, I'll always love my time in that camp.  It's not because of camp, but because of the girls that I have grown to love.  The mountains will never be as beautiful as they were that summer, and my friendships with those girls will never be forgotten.
I love yall.
Always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment