7.22.2013

Mistakes, we make them.

"I have made mistakes, I continue to make them
the promises I've made, I continue to break them
and all the doubts I've faced, I continue to face them
but nothing is a waste if you learn from it"
-The Oh Hellos 


He is handsome, genuine, and thoughtful. But he is still broken.  Living in the sin that I rest in as well. Now we share the same burden together. Those wooden boards will always smell of chardonnay and salty sound water.  I'll remember how he said my skin was soft and how his hands stroke my back as I rested against his arms.  The neighbors were gone, but my feelings weren't.  Silly little crushes that can expand and do damage in my stern chest.
Hello again my heart, whether it was him or the regret I feel, at least you are awake. My dear old heart, I'll try to protect you next time around.  But my promises will break and so will you my heart. I must find the answers dear old heart. Be ready and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment