1.20.2013

Exploding Colors

I was taking a power nap after four hours of labs, when I had a dream that I remembered -- which is quite a rarity in my life. I woke up shaking, and pleasantly enlightened. I never know where dreams actually start, but I first remember the roads of the city being flooded, and the bridge to my town completely underwater.  I was a child of about four years old in my mom's arms, we got on a boat in order to get back to our home.  As we passed I saw a couple that I rarely spoke too, and they were sinking. But they weren't sad, they were young and laughing and smiling. As we passed them, the wife told me, "Please don't live your life as if you're not alive."  I said, "I'll do my best."  We made it to the dry land and started driving down the one-lane cause-way.  As we drove, the things I saw were vibrant and fleeting.  First we passed blue, and I saw things from my early childhood. Everything a shade of blue. Then we were out of that part of life, and everything was exploding behind us. It wasn't sad, it was brilliant and beautiful. Then came green and there was all the important things of my preteen years, there and then exploding.  Then we passed yellow, it was still beautiful.  Everything of high-school years exploded behind us. Then I woke up.

I don't really think I have the capacity to understand dreams.  But this once, what I saw was simple so I think I can point that out.  Basically, a realization that moments pass, and we can't get them back. It's like all the things in our life are always exploding as time passes.  We can't get those times again, see those things again, feel as we do in each of those moments again, or be the person we were. But some advice is don't forget that you are living, that life is precious and fast, and it's worth making the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment